Wednesday 4 December 2013

Girlfriends what would we do without them.

When you move to a new city or like us the other side of the world, as a girl you always worry if you are going to make at least one special friend, like the ones you have left behind. Those friends that support you through the laughter and the tears, who always know the right things to say when you are having that bad day, who you call at a moments notice to go shopping or rummage around in their closet, who tell your kids off when they are being right little ........ and it doesn't worry you, who agree with you when your other half is being an idiot, but like you still loves him when it all blows over. Old friends or new friends you just know when the fit is right.

On a lovely sunny day a few weeks after we arrived in Tbilisi, I get an email from a lady saying that her school director has put her in touch with me, as our girls were the same age and like us she had just arrived. We decided to meet in the local park for safety reasons, as who really knew she could have been an axe murderer. The kids all played and we chatted about the obvious (new city, where to find things, shopping and schools). Sitting there I soon realised that she was the right fit. BUT as we walked up the street, out of no where Lily decided to just turn around and plant both hands on this lovely ladies boobs. WHAT THE HELL, I was speechless, my god what do you say when your 6 year old latches herself onto a near complete stranger. Well obviously we were just meant to meet and be great friends as even this didn't put her off.

A big shout out goes to my dear friend Katy. Who last weekend had to endure the last rugby test against Samoan with me. She screamed, yelled and cried with me over those 80 minutes and took all these amazing photos and videos as I just couldn't watch this game though the eye of the camera.
Thanks my little friend for all your support, help, encouragement and expat advice, oh and I must not forget making me buy my first pair of high heels.









No comments:

Post a Comment