Wednesday 16 October 2013

1950s housewife

Why haven't I been posting. Where have I been, what have I been doing for the last month. It's interesting what happens when you have a friend to hang out with. Where does the day go.

For the past 17 months I have filled in my day with the jobs of a 1950s house wife, apart from the part where I greet my husband at the door with a full face of makeup, a dress and high heels on. I enjoy my quiet days at home, the odd lunch date with a new friend or Pilates class, grocery shopping and baking yummy treats. But this all goes over the balcony when showing someone new around the city. It seems strange having an old friend living here, nice strange. It's great to hang out walk and talk about things that old friends talk about, to share the daily funny things that happen to you when living in another country, it's great for the girls to have another close adult to talk to other than us. I have to keep reminding myself that she is here to live and it's not just a short visit.

The weather is still lovely for autumn and we find our early morning walks extending until lunch time as we find new little places to explore, local cafés to stop at and different people to meet.

But I am back now. For the next six weeks I am going to fill you with everything Georgian. There are many places I haven't photographed and many stories I haven't told, so before we venture home for our holidays I will try and remember, photograph, write and post about something Georgian everyday.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Ang you truly are the best tour guide ever, you're amazing. I have had the best few weeks exploring the incredible city of Tbilisi with you... I still can't believe what we have covered, everyday is an exciting & new experience & adventure. Hanging out with the Ruebe-Haigs is FUN FUN FUN! A huge thank you from Dean & I to you, Milt & the gorgeous girls for making us so welcome & part of your lovely family. It really has been a special time so far. Vicki xxx

    ReplyDelete